What Are Indicators?
Developing indicators will help your focus your efforts and limited resources. If you are a grantee of Healthcare Georgia Foundation, contact the ERC for assistance with developing indicators.
- Focus your evaluation by articulating what information you need to know. For any one evaluation question, you could look at several different indicators. The indicators you select are the information you are committing to measure.
- Drive your data collection efforts. By defining your indicators, you know what information you need, and can then determine how to most effectively and efficiently collect that information.
- Show your progress even if you cannot yet show your program's impact on the longer-term outcomes.
- An indicator of academic achievement is the score that students receive on standardized tests.
- An indicator of a residential area's walkability is the proportion of streets that have sidewalks.
- An indicator of children's health status is the percentage of those who have received age-appropriate immunizations.